2011 m. lapkričio 8 d., antradienis

Why evil and why potato with E ?

So first of all, I guess nobody is going to read my blog except for the person who told me to create this blog. But if you got here by mistake-hello anyways ! You only need to know two things about me: I am from Lithuania and I study english philology at a university. I hope that this educational blogging will be a lot of fun.

Secondly, why my blog is called evil potatoe and why potatoe is spelled with E ? The thing is, that I do a lot of grammatical mistakes in my writings and I hope this blog will help me eliminate these mistakes. Which kind of reminds me a not widely known (at least in Europe) story about Dan Quayle.

Six years out of office with two failed presidential bids now behind him, ex Vice President Quayle still ranks as America’s favorite dumb politician because of what happened in Trenton on June 15, 1992.That’s the day, you probably recall, a Trenton sixth grader had to teach the Vice President of the United States that potato is not spelled with an e on the end.

It may look stupid, but I really find myself in this kind of situation, when I think I know how to spell a certain word, and I am sure about it, but at the end the outcome is the same-the word is spelled in the wrong way. I don't know whether you have understood something, but if not, as my writing improves, I'll try to explain this to you with better grammatical structures, richer vocabulary and so on.

So, here goes.

1 komentaras:

  1. You are not the only one who has problems with spelling. I'll tell you a secret :I have the same problem (don't tell anybody);). I think that step by step we will forget all those difficulties which we have now. Our destination in university is to learn English, and I think that making mistakes is a good thing because that is the best way to learn something.

    AtsakytiPanaikinti